The plans for Old Mill Road ultimately represent a £60m investment into the town centre, attracting shops and leisure operators, helping to retain trade and spend in the town as well as generating hundreds of new jobs.
We are working with North Somerset Council through the planning process to make sure the site makes the best possible contribution to the town’s needs. The redevelopment of the site will be driven by the commercial uses it could deliver with new homes complementing the redevelopment.
The submitted plans for the site will deliver up to:
- 1,488 sq m of new restaurants, cafes and bars
- 3, 253 sq m of leisure – including a six-screen cinema and a gym
- 6,420 sq m of new shops
- 2,044 sq m of commercial or community space
- 350 new, one- and two-bedroom town centre apartments, ideal for first time buyers or people looking to downsize
They will also deliver:
- Additional dedicated parking for all of the new uses on site
- Improved connectivity via pedestrian links opened up through the site to the marina
The project team working on behalf of Standard Life Investments hosted two public exhibitions in Portishead on the 2nd and 4th of November 2017. To view a copy of the material which was on display during these events please click below: