The plans for Old Mill Road ultimately represent a £30m investment into the town centre, attracting shops and leisure operators, helping to retain trade and spend in the town as well as generating employment opportunities.
We are working with North Somerset Council through the planning process to make sure the site makes the best possible contribution to the town’s needs. The redevelopment of the site will be driven by the commercial uses it could deliver with new homes complementing the redevelopment.
The emerging plans for the site could deliver:
- A 25,000 sq ft cinema with up to six screens
- Approximately 69,000 sq ft of ground floor retail space to attract brands which are currently not in the town
- Up to 22,000 sq ft of other ground floor commercial / community space
- Up to 350 new homes of mostly 1 and 2 bed flats offering a new choice for living in Portishead town centre
- Around 17,000 sq ft of restaurant/ café / bar space complementing the existing businesses in and around the town centre
- Approximately 10,000 sq ft of leisure / gym space
- Dedicated residential parking alongside parking for the new retail / leisure / restaurant uses
- Improved connectivity via pedestrian links opened up through the site to the marina
As you may be aware the project team working on behalf of Standard Life Investments recently hosted two public exhibitions in Portishead (2nd Nov and 4th Nov). To view a copy of the material which was on display during these events please click below: